Friday 23 December 2011

My Favorite Place

Hello, my classmates, today I go to talk to my favorite place of Santiago.I live in Santiago city, but I like so much the places that has natural environment. In my holydays, I prefer go out to the south of Chile, where there are many vegetation, rivers, animals, hills, etc. Is for this reason, what my favorite place of Santiago is…
The "Cerro Santa Lucia", this is localized on av. Libertador Bernardo O’Higgins to few steps from subway Santa Lucia. This has an altitude of 629 m above sea level and a height of 69 m, possessing a surface of 65.300 m ². I meet this place when I was fourteen years old; I was in the high school in the Carmela Carvajal secondary school and I got out early of my class, so I decided walk from my secondary school to the center of Santiago for shopping, but, in the way I found a big hill, and I change the shopping for the nature. I can´t traveled the entire hill, but whit the half I was fascinated.
That day, I to go up the stairs and saw the pond, this is fantastic, have a sculpture of a god Greek, called Neptune in the center. I sit down in the bench and I see for a long time, listened my music in the personal stereo.
The Cerro Santa Lucia, Is very good for take a break of the busy life in city, relaxing with the bird´s songs, write, read the book, draw, make a picnic whit the family or friends and make exercises, you can do anything you want!  I recommend this place for the people like me, which need take a break of routine and enjoy a strange place, because you find the nature inside the city. You have to go to this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment